Training Course in HEADACHES LMIC
The Course is aimed at health professionals interested in acquiring expertise on headache disorders. The syllabus encompasses the Course’s areas of interest, from Social Sciences to Basic Sciences, from Translational to Clinical Headache Medicine. This Collection supports and amplifies research related to United Nations Sustainable Development Goals 3 Good Healthy Lives and Well Being.
Content and Programme
The course program covers the following topics:
MODULE 1: PUBLIC HEALTH, SGD3 AND HEADACHE
- Brain Health, WHOiGAP and Headache
- Epidemiology across the Life Course
- Burden and Costs of Headache
- Biopsychosocial Aspects and Disability in Headache Disorders
- Socioeconomic and Geographic Inequalities
MODULE 2: BIOLOGICAL AND CLINICAL MARKERS
- Brain Mechanisms
- Brain Neuroimage
- Novel Pharmacological Targets
- Health Perception and Mental Health in Underserved Headache Populations
MODULE 3: DIAGNOSIS
- Clinical and Working Issues and SDG3
- Comorbidities Layering in Headache
- Gender Inequalities and SGD5
- Childhood and Adolescence Issues
- Secondary Headaches and Regional Healthcare
MODULE 4: MANAGEMENT ACCESS AND SUSTANAIBILITY
- Global Healthcare Access and Facilities
- Acute Treatment and Medication Overuse Issue
- Standard of Care Preventive Treatment within Regional Economics
- Sustainability of Headache Medicine
- Tele-Healthcare and Residence Project
The course is aimed at all graduate healthcare professionals interested in headache.
The course entails a study period of 50 hours, including lectures, tutoring, e-activities, research activities and individual study. Credentials to the course last for a full academic year.
The course is online and taught in English with no registration deadline.
Unitelma and FISC have reserved for the first 40 applicants residents of Low-Middle Economic Level Countries, according to World Bank parameters, 40 full cover of the registration fee.
For other participants residents in Low Middle Economic level Countries, according to World Bank parameters, the registration fee reserved is € 150,00.
To all other applicants the registration fee is € 500,00